Candidates may be eligible for a hiring bonus up to $2,500!
The Minnesota Department of Human Services (DHS) is seeking qualified and enthusiastic individuals to join our MSOP Moose Lake team within the Direct Care & Treatment (DCT) division of the agency.
Security Counselors provide supervision to clients who are civilly committed to the Minnesota Sex Offender Program (MSOP). In this role, the Security Counselor utilizes a team approach to ensure a safe, secure and therapeutic environment in which the clients work towards successful community reintegration. Working in this environment may present a variety of unique and unforeseen situations which require the Security Counselor to respond in a calm manner that de-escalates and prevents potentially dangerous situations.
Job duties and responsibilities for the Security Counselor position includes:
- To ensure safety, security, and control is maintained within the facility through consistent and systematic application of established policies/procedures.
- To provide and ensure consistent, fair and humane treatment of clients during the course of daily activities.
- To provide and receive information in an accurate, timely and dependable manner.
- To be competent in the use of security, electrical, mechanical, electronic, and all other equipment associated with the position.
- To be prepared for and respond to any unusual or emergency situations.
- To act in a professional manner and set a good example both on and off the job.
- To be knowledgeable of and support facility post orders, operating guidelines, instructions, security procedures, and division directives that apply to the duties assigned and to enhance operational methods.
To qualify, applicants must:
- Have a HS diploma or GED.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- At least ONE of the following in order to qualify for further consideration:
- One or more years of full-time work experience in ANY field; OR
- Two or more years of part-time work experience in ANY field
Note: This announcement will be used to fill multiple permanent, full-time, part-time, and/or intermittent (on-call), Security Counselor vacancies within the Minnesota Sex Offender Program (MSOP) in Moose Lake. The shifts may be day, evening, or overnight.
Why Work For MSOP
You owe it to yourself to check out this exciting and rewarding career at MSOP with Direct Care and Treatment, the behavioral health care system operated by the Department of Human Services.
Led by seasoned and respected professionals, MSOP is a comprehensive sex offense specific treatment program in a modified therapeutic community in a secure setting. MSOP is committed to the professional growth of staff and applying current best practices to assist our clients in making meaningful change. MSOP, while rooted in public safety, is focused on the capacity to clients to change and ultimately be reintegrated into the community when risk to the public is sufficiently reduced.
Our benefits aim to balance four key elements that make life and work meaningful: health and wellness, financial well-being, professional development, and work/life harmony. As an employee, your benefits may include:
- Public pension plan
- Training and professional development
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays each year
- Paid parental leave
- Low-cost medical and dental coverage
- Prescription drug coverage
- Vision coverage
- Wellness programs and resources
- Employer paid life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Health care spending and savings accounts
- Dependent care spending account
- Tax-deferred compensation
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement
- Federal Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
When you start a career with us, you may also be eligible for:
- $2,500 Hiring Bonus
- Annual pay increases
- Corrections Early Retirement Program
Programs, resources and benefits eligibility varies based on type of employment, agency, funding availability, union/collective bargaining agreement, location, and length of service with the State of Minnesota.
Apply online at www.mn.gov/careers to Job ID 51756.
Job Type : Full-Time, Part-time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level