Certified Nursing Assistant
It is the responsibility of a Nursing Assistant/Registered (NAR) under the supervision of the nurse in charge, in conjunction with the Nursing Supervisors and the Administrator, to maintain the highest standards in the delivery of nursing services to our residents of Cassia, also keeping the premises and equipment operating and clean at all times.
1. Exhibits a high standard of customer excellence at all times modeling Cassia’s Service Standards in all interactions.
a. Compassion – We serve and love like Christ by seeking to understand, walking alongside and uplifting one another. Colossians 3:12
b. Integrity – We nurture trusting relationships and make honesty the foundation for all interactions. Titus 2:7
c. Excellence – We distinguish ourselves by anticipating needs and exceeding expectations. Matthew 5:14-15
d. Innovation – We create an environment to where we are empowered to foster and celebrate new ideas. Romans 12:2
e. Stewardship – We faithfully care for and utilize our resources. 1 Peter 4:10
f. Unity – We live the Mission, Vision and Values of Cassia. Colossians 3:14
g. Respect – We treat each person with dignity, consideration and care. Luke 6:31
h. Collaboration – We value partnerships to cultivate and ensure a richer quality of life. Ephesians 4:16
2. Supports the mission and values of Cassia and abides by ethical standard of conduct in the day to day activities of the organization.
3. Assists residents with their activities of daily living.
4. Assists with mobility and transportation care.
5. Answers call lights promptly.
6. Utilizes resident transfer and safety equipment.
7. Provides postmortem care as directed.
8. Completes work on a timely basis.
9. Promotes and maintains highest level of independence of resident utilizing nursing rehab skills.
10. Receives report from nurses on all assigned residents utilizing the unit assignment sheet.
11. Reports changes in resident’s condition to RN/LPN in a timely manner.
12. Attends care conferences as directed.
13. Maintains accurate and complete records of food/fluid intake/output, baths, weights, bowel and bladder elimination, ambulation, ROM, and cleaning duties as assigned.
14. Cleans resident utensils, room and maintains orderly unit.
15. Ensures that equipment is clean and functional.
16. Is aware of safety issues and strives to accomplish all responsibilities in a safe manner.
17. Accepts and follows through with all policies and procedures.
18. Identifies and corrects hazards and unsafe acts and reports all quality issues.
19. Is aware of and adheres to all HIPAA regulations.
20. Adheres to Cassia policies on infection control, safety and resident rights.
21. Completes all Relias and other training required.
22. Identifies compliance concerns, reports to supervisor or the Chief Clinical and Compliance Officer/Compliance hotline.
23. Participates in facility QAPI, Quality Assurance Performance Improvement program and activities.
24. Eligible to work at a site that receives federal funding.
25. Possess skills in problem definition/resolution.
26. Has regular and reliable attendance.
27. Participates in required in-service training sessions.
28. Participates in facility committees as directed.
29. *Performs other tasks as directed.
1. Ability to focus all efforts toward quality resident care.
2. Able to maintain confidential information.
3. Able to communication effectively with Cassia personnel, residents, and families.
4. Able to handle occasional physical and verbal abuse from residents and handle it in an appropriate profession manner at all times.
5. Able to work as a team member.
6. Able to use Hoyer lift.
7. Able to use weigh scale.
8. Able to use transfer belt.
9. Able to use/read thermometer.
10. Able to assisted residents in wheel chairs.
11. Able to use blood pressure cuff and stethoscope.
12. Awareness of all moral and legal implications of the Patient’s and Residents’ Bill of Rights and Vulnerable Adult Act.
Required Experience and Education:
1. Current Nursing Assistant Certification
2. At least 16 years of age
3. Successful completion of required Nursing Assistant training program
4. Must be listed on the Nursing Assistant Registry
1. Reasoning: follow written, verbal or diagrammatic instructions; several concrete variables.
2. Mathematical: perform simple addition and subtraction; copy figures, count, and record.
3. English Language: able to understand and follow verbal instructions or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; make verbal or written requests.
1. Possess the following visual abilities:
-Far vision correctable, Near vision correctable, Color discrimination essential
-Depth perception essential
2. Able to perform medium work including Pushing/Pulling exerting up to 10 pounds frequently, to 35 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force rarely
3. Lifting/Carrying up to 10 pounds continuously, 11- 20 pounds occasionally, 21-35 pounds rarely
4. Environmental Contacts: Human body fluids, Infectious exposure, Resident Aggressions, Chemical frequent; Noise and Moving Objects continuously
5. Able to perform the following physical activities:
-Standing--frequently -Repetitive motions frequently (wrists, hands, etc.)
-Bending---frequently -Moving fingers continuously (pinching etc.)
-Stair climbing –frequently -Sitting--frequently
1. Exposure to noise of agitated patients.
2. Significant work pace/pressure.
3. Exposure to chemicals/disinfectants.
4. Exposure to bodily fluids (blood, urine, feces, etc.; Classification I--exposure control).
5. Work in well-lighted, heated, air-conditioned building.
*These tasks are not essential functions of the job. All other responsibilities, qualifications, skills, and requirements are considered essential.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : High School
Experience Level : Entry Level
Job Function : Customer Service